Keys to Bible Interpretation
"Amoung certain of the Arabian and Persian astronomers the three
stars forming the sword belt of Orion were called the Magi who came to pay
homage to the young Sun God. The author of
Mankind--Their Origin and Destiny contributes the following additional information: "In Cancer, which had risen to the meridan at midnight, is the constellation of the Stable and of the Ass. The ancients callet it Praesepe Jovis. In the north the stars of the Bear are seen, called by the Arabians Martha and Mary, and also the coffin of Lazarus." .......fact that each religion is based upon the secret doctrines of its predecessor." (Above quote from page LI of
The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly Palmer Hall.
Gen 1:14-18 ...for signs, and for seasons,... (and God found this good.)
Gen 137:3-11 (Joseph's dreams and his fathers quick rebuke.)
Judges, Ch.13-16 (Story of Samson & Delilah)
(Samson: root work = belonging to sun) (That is Leo.)
(Delilah: root words = hers, water pitcher or Hebrew words for she of Aquarius.)
Judges 5:19-20 ...they fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
Job 9:9 ....which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the South;
Job 38:31 Canst thou bind the sweet influence of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
Job 38:32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? (Mazzartoth = 12 signs of Zodiac.)
Isaiah 47: 13-15 (Warnings about misuse or overdependence upon Astrology.)
Ezekiel 4:4-5 (I give you a day for a year)(A standard Astrology formula for progression.)
Psalms 136:8-9 The Sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever. The Moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Astrology and the Bible--Notes & thoughts.
The Bible forbids the misuse of astrology, but incorporates astrological symbolism into its text and makes clear that astrology was a prominent part of ancient Israeli life. Isaiah 47:13-15 names what seems to be 2 kinds of approaches to astrology and a type of astrological practice. These verses are quoted as proof that the Bible is against astrology, but what is actually meant is that the astrologer may see forth coming evil from prior transgressions but it is not the place of astrology to avoid God's will. Indeed, the harmonizing of life with Heaven's will is a basic purpose of all spiritual sciences.
- Genesis 1:14-18 states that God made the lights to rule over the day and night, to be for signs and seasons, and then pronounced this to be good.
- In Genesis 37:3-11 Joseph tells his dream of the Sun, Moon and 11 stars bowing down to him. An instant rebuke is delivered by Jacob who asks if both Father and Mother are to bow down to the son. Jacob's quick recognition of the symbolic meaning shows that astrological knowledge was commonplace.
- Much astrological symbolism in the Bible is unrecognized. The root meaning of Samson is 'belonging to the Sun', that is Leo. The root meaning of Delilah is 'she of Aquarius', thus marking Judges chapters 13-16 as a study in astrological opposites.
- More obvious is God's talk with Job in Job 38:31,
"..bind the sweet influence of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?"
Also, Job 38:32 "Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season?"
Mazzaroth is the Hebrew word for the 12 signs of the Zodiac. A couple questions are relevant. 1. What is the sweet influence of the Pleiades? 2. Why did God use astrological language to speak to Job. Also, why was Job able to understand. More appropriately, does the writer of this scripture expect us to study astrology so that we also may understand?
- The importance of both timing and being in harmony with God's will see Judges 5:19-20
".. they fought from Heaven; the stars in their courses fought against
Sisera." This was sung by Deborah and shows again the ready acceptance
and awareness of astrological lore in community life.
- Jesus birth was foretold in the stars so that the Wise men from afar could seek in Israel for him. Jesus said there would be 'signs in the Heavens'. Revelation is a veritable book filled with Astrological symbolism. Rev. 22:2
"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was
there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her
fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the
- For those familiar with Ages and the signs. Note that before Moses was the Taurian Age with the worship of the golden calf and the esoteric knowledge of the day symbolized by the opposite sign, Scorpio's symbol of the serpent. With Moses came the beginning of the Arian Age, when sheperds become common religious figures and the opposite sign Libra contributes the symbolism of the Judgment and scales of Justice. At the end of the Arian Age came the Great Sheperd who called his followers to be fishers of men because they are to lead in the upcoming Piscean Age (Fishes). Prior to the last supper the 'Upper Room' (place of higher consciousness) was obtained from one bearing a water pitcher, thus pointing to the coming age of Aquarius.
- While this only scratches the surface of available material it should whet the appetite for further study and using astrology to unlock scripture.
More astrological bible verses
Gen 1:14-18 ... For signs, and for seasons, ...
Gen 15:5 ... tell the stars, if thou be able to number ...
Gen 37:3-11 (Joseph's dreams & Father's rebuke)
Gen 49:9 Judah is a lion's whelp;...
Exodus 16:4 ... rain bread from heaven ...
Judges 13-16 (Story of Samson)
(Samson: Hebrew root word = belonging to Sun)
(Delilah: Hebrew root words = hers, water pitcher, she of Aquarius)
Job 9:9 ... which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the South;
Job 38:31 ... bind the sweet influence of pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
Job 38:32 Canst tho bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? (Mazzaroth = 12 signs
Isaiah 47:13-15 (warnings about misuse of astrology)
Ezekiel 4:4-5 (Day for a year) (standard astrological rule for progression)
Judges 5:19-20 ... they fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against sisera.
Psalms 136:8-9 The Sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever. The Moon and stars to
rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the
Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Acts 7:48-49 ... most high dwelleth not in temples made with hands... ... heaven
is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? ...
Rev VII:1-8 seal 144000, of each tribe 12000)
Rev XXI:10-20 (twelve gates/angels/tribes)
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river,
was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her
fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rev 22:16 ... and the bright and morning star.
Matt 25:14-30 talents (Taurus-Scorpio)
Luke 7: 11-18, (Nain and the widows son.)
Rev IV:2-7 (24 seats, 7 spirits, 7 lamps, beasts Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and
Back to TOP of page.
Return to Home/Index page.